fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Ticker Tape Parade

When the Sunday Morning Quilts book came out, I poured over it again and again. I loved the Ticker Tape quilt. I decided to make some, smaller mini ticker tapes, in specific colorways. I made these over a couple of months, and then did nothing with them...until now.
 I used lots and lots of scraps. There's one in here from my very first quilt.
 This is the only one I ended up making in a different shape. Guess I didn't like the shape much?
 I love looking at all these small bits of old projects. I had some great fabrics.
 It's also a great reminder of all the projects that have gone before. I don't think I could do a large quilt of these.
This was my very first one. Yellow is my favorite color. My computer is rearranging them for me, this was supposed to be at the top.
 Ah, purple...most of these are pretty old scraps. I don't have much purple in my stash these days.
And this is what I finally did with all of them. I love seeing them up there every day. So get inspired and do something with all those scraps. This project is easy! Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Corey said...

The ticker tape mini-quilts are some of my favorites. I agree, it's fun to look back at the scraps and remember the other projects with those fabrics. Also, I think it's time to take that snowman off the shelf!