fabricologist

fabricologist

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Geranium Dress x 2

I wanted to make some baby girl things, besides quilts. I know I'm late to the party, but I just got this baby granddaughter recently. Rae Hoekstra's Geranium Dress pattern is the best! There are several modifications included and you can make it look like a totally different dress with the different options and fabric choices. Here is what I did so far:
 My daughter requested the shorter version that is more like a top than a dress, since Baby N will be scooting and crawling this summer. A dress would not be practical. She said they would be very cute with bloomers. Okay, Google bloomers...found a pattern by Heather Ross in a book I happen to own.
 Perfect. The bloomers call for shirring around the legs. Never done that and was kinda scared actually. Googled shirring...perfect, a tutorial by Rae. I am now a cautious fan of shirring. It still makes me nervous until I am all the way around., but her tutorial is great!
 I found this awesome fabric by Sarah Jane called Sommer. I love the water color gingham.
 The tulip and bunny print doesn't have many bunnies. They are spaced very far apart, but that is part of the charm. After I bought this at my LQS,  I found a couple of fat quarters in pink, which I didn't know existed, and since that was all they had left, I bought that too. A little fussy cutting for the pocket.
                                   How sweet is this pocket? I love the bunnies.
               And then with no bunnies left, just tulips for the other pocket.
 And when you put the bloomers with the matching tops, it looks different, but still really cute. It's like having 4 outfits.
 And now, we are ready for summer. Thanks to Rae for such a great pattern, and Heather Ross for the easiest bloomer pattern ever. Talk to you soon.

No comments: