fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Wonderful Day

Such great progress made yesterday, for a Monday no less. I had to work, but when I got home, I decided I needed to make some sewing progress too. I have lots of tops that need to be pin basted and quilted, so I started on that. Pin basting is so much harder for me now because my knees can't quite take the crawling around on the floor like they used to.
 Remember this? It is the final quilt top made in my Sunday Morning Quilts Bee. It has been pressed and on a hanger on my door for a loooong time.
 And I recently assembled this sweet top made from Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew's pattern Suburbs. This was the second one I made from that pattern.
This Christmas version is the first. So now, all three of these have backs and are pin basted. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks, they will get quilted and bound and off to their new homes. The X Plus quilt stays here with me, to remind me of all the wonderful women who were in my bee for three years.
 In between quilting, I am assembling a couple of quilts. I am doing the HKQAL with Amy at Sukie Don't You Know. The quilt top is a little further along than this, but this is the only photo I have so far. I am caught up as of today. Only 12 more blocks to go!
And I am also working on another quilt for baby N, using these great organic fabrics by Rae Hoekstra mixed with some sea prints from Monaluna. I am loving this one for sure.
Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

You are one busy lady! Love the houses!