fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Wow...it's been a whole week since I've been here. Not that I haven't been busy and doing some sewing.  I have been bouncing back and forth between quilting J's quilt and piecing my Fair Isle quilt. Here is the proof:
 Here are the sections for the reindeer blocks for my Fair Isle quilt. All cut, clipped together and marked so they don't get mixed up.
 I know how easily things can get mixed up, so I marked the top left of each block with a safety pin so that I don't accidentally add a row to the wrong end as I build them.
 This is my favorite part of the binding step of a quilt. Seeing all that freshly pressed binding cascading off the end of the ironing board.
                And then rolled up around a clothes pin. I love the way this looks.
                      Prettiest fabric lollypop ever.
And here it is, ready and waiting for the binding. So happy the quilting is done. It took a long time. Linking up with Lee at freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bright orange in the quilt blocks and your quilting is so pretty.