fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Stash #28

No fabric to show this week, but I did get something sewing related. I joined a Massdrop for some lovely Gingher scissors and they arrived this week.
 The original drop was for 3 pair, but it was later reduced to just 2 pair, still a great bargain in my book. We were given the choice of opting out for a full refund, but I really wanted and needed some good scissors.
 This is what came. A pair of 5 inch scissors and a pair of 8 inch dressmakers shears, both with a sheath to protect the blades.
And the handles are the cool part. This is the Eve designer series. I love them but have not yet cut anything with them.  I know they will get lots of use. Linking up to Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash.

6 comments:

memmens said...

You can't beat a good pair of scissors and with a fancy handle too! Have fun cutting.

Kacey said...

Too fun! I have a pair of tiny snips and they're really handy - I keep then right by my machine, and sometimes even use them instead of a seam ripper! Enjoy!

Josie McRazie said...

My Mother swore by Genghers! I never remember her NOT having her storks! I too have only Gengher! They are well worth the $!!!

LA Paylor said...

you can't go wrong with Ginghers and those handles are awesome. Better go cut something.
LeeAnna at not afraid of color.

Anonymous said...

scissors with gold dots?? OMG love them!

Nancy said...

I love working with my Gingher Scissors, I hope you will too. I just bought the Gingher Seam Ripper from Mass drop. This place is getting addicting when the price is right!!
Huggs, Nancy