fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Stash #26-Singing the Blues

Well, I kinda went a bit nuts this week, but wait til you see this. Quilt in a day was having a big sale on blues. There were about 8-9 pages of blue fabrics and some were $3 a yard. Yes, $3!!! So I thought, let's just take a little look. And I found such great stuff. I bought 4 different fabrics and I bought 2 yards of each, thinking of backs for quilts mostly, but really, at those prices, how could I not. So yes, 8 yards of fabric came to me yesterday. Here it is:
 Had to use the flash to get these. No sun here for the last 4-5 days. On the left is a lovely blue stripe from the Innocent Crush line by Anna Maria Horner. The right is from Lizzy House's Constellations.
The left one in this photo is Nine Dots by Carrie Nelson for Henry Glass and the left is Cosmopolitan by Michael D'Amore Designs for Benartex. The flash has washed these out a bit. Here is a picture without the flash for comparison:

 Darker, certainly, but a bit more true color. Hope the sun comes back soon. Have a great Sunday. Linking up with Molli Sparkles for Fabric Stash Sunday.

5 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I love an amazing sale like that...great fabrics!

memmens said...

Wow that is such good value! We rarely find bargains like that in the UK sadly, but sometimes it's worth purchasing overseas and paying shipping and customs charges!

Anonymous said...

Great sale! You definitely picked up some fun prints. (I love that Lizzy House one especially!)

Mary Pat Callihan said...

Ooooo, I just love a sale and that Cosmopolitan fabric is so nice!

Linda said...

What great buys! (I haven't seen fabric for $3 a yard in a long time!)