fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday...the one with the Dots

If you have been a reader of my blog for at least a year, you will remember when I made this block for a blog hop about a year ago...or maybe longer.

Anyway I was going to make a pillow out of it. Then I didn't because I decided to make more.
Then I decided to make them into a quilt, but each one was already quilted to the batting. So I took a page from Maureen and decided to quilt as I go. Each block and then my hubby helped me figure out a layout. After that, I cut white pieces and quilted them to go in between all the Dresden blocks. It took me forever almost.

Now I am finally done with that and I made a back and I am quilting the front to the back.  Yay me!
 You can kind of see some of the quilting on the white part here. I took this picture Sunday.

Here it is laid out and pin basted. I hope to get it done this week so I can bind it. Wait until you see what I have in mind for the binding!! See you soon. Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

12 comments:

ModernMaterialGirl said...

Wow-- what a great use of ombre dot fabric! Looking forward to seeing your finish!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

That is so clever - and stunning!!!

Amy said...

So very cute!!! Love Dresdens!

Kris said...

I am so glad to see someone use the ombre dots..I have some in several colors and was thinking on what I might do with them in the future. Great job..can't wait to see the binding.

Mandy @msbookleaf said...

What a great idea! So fresh and spring-y looking.

Anna said...

oooh, fabulous! I love the layout :)

Wonky Patchwork said...

It looks lovely, really fresh and zingy, and the layout works so well. Look forward to seeing it finished with the binding! Thanks for coming and visiting me earlier and helping me out with my binding choice!

kathy said...

I also have some of those ombré dots that I keep looking at. What a fresh and fabulous way to use them!

Susan said...

Wow, I love how this is turning out, can't wait to see if finished!

genie said...

This is wonderful...can’t wait to see your quilting of it. Really pretty. Good luck with the quilting.

Renee said...

These are so fun! They make my eyes go in circles trying to follow the dots!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Charlotte in teaching we called that "monitor and adjust" - start one way and then go another when you saw a better way. Changing from a pillow to a quilt was a great decision because this is gorgeous! blessings, marlene