rainbow

rainbow

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday and I am Taking a Class

I am chugging along on all my projects, but this is the one I am sharing today.  This is the Sasparilla Quilt I am making for my youngest grandson.
 This is the cutest line of fabric. It reminds me of the 50's and my brothers cowboy things.  I bought two colorways and am mixing them together. Right now I need to make a bunch of flying geese blocks for the star points.
 But everything is cut out and in a tote to help keep it all together. That was something I started doing last year with my projects. It helped to be able to put it all way in one place. I need the help keeping my sewing room clean.
I just had to sew a couple pieces together to see how it looked. I am going to love this! I hope B does too. I will show it again when more progress has been made.

Now, I said I was taking a class. On the right side of my blog, you will notice a button for Color Intensive. This is an on line class that Rachel at Stitched in Color is teaching. I am hoping to learn how to get more out of my stash and use it to its best advantage. I can always use more knowledge about color and I think this class will be fun too. Hop on over to Rachel's blog and take a look. Maybe it's something for you too.  See you soon.
Linking up with Freshly Pieced.

4 comments:

  1. The cowboy blocks look fun Charlotte enjoy your class too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new quilt is going to be so cute! Hope the little guys likes it. (How could he not!) And I hadn't heard of the class but it sounds very interesting. I look forward to seeing what you have to say about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice toe see you r blocks coming together. I love Rachel's blog - did you see her new quilt today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet quilt! Your grandson is sure to love it!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from visitors to my blog. Please let me know you have been here.